My Blog List

Monday, May 10, 2010


Don't get too excited, but it's looking like there is going to be a new Guilty Pleasures album sometime in early June. We've got at least 6 new songs and I figure if we rework a couple old ones and do a cover, that's a full fucking album.

And it is also looking like this may be shaping up to be the finest GPs album yet. It's going to be the first album recorded on equipment that cost more than a couple hundred dollars. The first album featuring a full band, live recording, and back up singers. The line up for the band is looking awesome: Chris and I - duh, Sterling!!, Annie!!, Matt Bowers!!, motherfucking Sam Wetterau, and that ol cat Larry Sheffey. We're recording it at the Names' studio, so maybe/hopefully Harrison and Kit will lend a hand as well. And by a hand, I mean I know Kit can play the saxophone...that would be next level. Anyone else that is down to come sing on it, let me know (I'm looking at you Matt Lowe, Mazzolio, Rick and/or Scott Rattler).

The idea is that we are going to take a few hours one day to learn and practice the songs, and then another day to record. Hopefully the end product will require no more than 10 hours work. I think this limitation will only have good consequences.

So, now we need a name for the album. If there are any themes throughout the songs, they are ghosts, beer, and goatmen. Any ideas? Meet Me at Crybaby Bridge?

Also, just found this old gem on the dusty old myspace page...

5 comments:

Bill said...

Have you noticed that since Matt Lowe has moved back to Maryland goatman sightings have doubled? Coincidence? I think not.

Bill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DEV CHILD said...

YYYEEESSSSSS

Riley said...

Rick Rattler is super down to do whatever sing, play guitar, party, whatever. Also are you going to do Die in Ryan's Arms Tonight? The song rules. Let me know what you want me to do.

'Fast ' Charles said...

Holy S**t! This is one of the best blog posts I
ve ever read. My top three favorite parts are 1)new GP ablum! WHAT! HUZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!
2) Fast Charles' Power Hour...Still killing it. What I need from the Guilty Pleasures is an interview and a track from the album...lets do a special episode.
3) Free Indian Food and Chemistry tie for third place.
Also, I'm moving to Arlington in June, so we'll kick it then.

Followers

PETA2.com

Blog Archive

Boycott Cruelty