My Blog List

Friday, January 22, 2010

I spent last week in Los Angeles with Adam and Danny, recording Danny's new album. It was super fun, but more importantly, Dan Dan's new songs are really awesome. Sorry Danny, but I think you're getting better at writing songs.

Adam's studio set up is also really awesome. He's got a Rhodes piano, which is apparently the coolest sounding instrument ever, and he (Adam, you) is getting REALLY good at it. And he is a full on pro-style engineer. He (Adam, you) takes a very professional approach that expedites the entire process and makes it super fun.

Lastly, we were all business while there. During the 7 days there, we literally did nothing other than record. From morning to night, we managed to stay on task almost the entire time. We only left the house for beer or cigarettes.

As usual, I didn't take many pictures, but here are the ones I did...


Patrick Herman, in his element.





Lady Gaga trying to figure out how to use auto-tune.





The not-so-wise wizard trying to text




Double.



Adam and I crouched to fit in the picture. The wizard was actually just standing like this anyway.


The wisest wizard had to stand on the latter to drink his beer.








You guys are really in for a treat. There are 9 songs I think and they may be among Danny's strongest. I think the goal is to have it done in early March, so sit tight.

7 comments:

mika said...

ahahahahahaha hey dummy idiot beers are for drinking not guitar playing!!!!!!!!!!!! he must have been so tipsy!!!:)

alfa foxtrot said...

i like the photos. i don't really appreciate the accompanying "wisecracks"

Unknown said...

these pictures look lovely!


I'm happy that these are from the Wizard day.

Chris Yarrison said...

I've never read a better history. Please introduce me to the wizard when you have a chance.

ben said...

I like the wisecracks, but I prefer to imagine my own pictures

Morgsian said...

Adam, the wall painting is really good.

Adam said...

thanks Morgan!

Followers

PETA2.com

Blog Archive

Boycott Cruelty