My Blog List

Sunday, August 23, 2009


So I thought I had lost my ipod for good, but I found it under my bed last night! And with it, I have recovered all of Buddy's music he'd given me. I know there is a ton more, but I, at least, have some. I thought I'd put up two of the songs that I really, really love. One, called 'Tasty Moon', that he did with his band, The Jackastronauts. It is super awesome, really catchy pop music. It's hard not to like.

Tasty Moon | Online recorder
The second song is a song called 'Five Minutes to Monday'. I don't remember all of the details, but If I recall correctly he wrote it while sitting on his porch just before midnight on a Sunday night. I think this was probably while he was nearing the end of high school, so late 80's I assume. Steve, if you're reading this, feel free to correct me, or add any details you have. If you can get by the casio keyboard sound and drum machine, behind it is an intensely sad and beautiful song. I always told him this was my favorite one of his songs. The melody at certain points (mainly when he sings 'five minutes to monday', especially the last two times) will melt your heart.

Five Minutes to Monday | Upload Music

Also, if anybody wants a copy of some of his music, I'd be happy to mail it to you.

3 comments:

Adam said...

I would love a copy

Clean Steve said...

I'm a little late with this comment, but I also always loved this song. At one point Buddy asked me to help him extend it (another part, more lyrics...) and we spent an hour or two playing around with it and decided to leave it as is. Too bad none of us had decent recording equipment back in the day;) nice to see though, that some folks can weather through bad recordings and hear great things in rough packages.

Clean Steve said...

Also...all the JackAstronauts recordings are available via download at the JackAstronauts Facebook site.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/JackAstronauts/115393016147?v=app_2405167945&viewas=100000130898873&ref=ts

Followers

PETA2.com

Blog Archive

Boycott Cruelty