My Blog List

Friday, August 21, 2009

Look, I like a lot of the songs that pitchfork put into their top 500 songs of the 2000s. I really like a lot of them. Love them. But they are fucking crazy. I mean, first of all, the idea of numbering 500 songs in order is absolutely absurd. It would be absurd even if you were working within one genre, but the idea of numbering songs and comparing Missy Elliot to Morrissey is fucked. It's amazing that they are such an authority on music. I guess you just have to say crazy things if you want people to read your website or magazine. It's just funny how people sell out. There isn't really anything on the list that isn't popular. I was going to go on a really long bit about there only being 1 or 2 Elliott Smith songs on the list, but I think I just realized that XO probably came out in the nineties. There still could have been more Elliott Smith. How about some Bill Callahan? Raphael Sadiiq? Ariel Pink? Danny's songs? Remy LBO? Tune Yards? Peter and the Wolf?

No comments:

Followers

PETA2.com

Blog Archive

Boycott Cruelty