My Blog List

Saturday, August 28, 2010


So I'm listening to the "Restoring Honor" rally right now and, needless to say, there is some insane shit going on. I need to look into what brainwashing is, but this seems like it may be an integral part of it. In between speeches they are playing these long and corny monologues of Glenn Beck reading, in a soft and soothing voice, about what it means to have honor and compassion and what makes a patriot. In the background is music, sometimes soft and pleasant and sometimes loud and triumphant. I can't see the accompanying video, but depending on what they are playing, I think it may be similar to how people get brainwashed. It's also really annoying because a lot of this has been totally unobjectionable so far. There have been a lot of cliches and corny nonsense, but mostly revolving around being compassionate and doing good deeds and equality. I think the end goal of this is to use simple rhetoric to convince a bunch of dummies that being conservative means being good and that the other side of the political spectrum is made up of ogres who like to push old ladies down stairs. Having said that, I do like to mug senior citizens.

3 comments:

Adam said...

I love that guy!

Sounds historic, wish I could've gone

:' (

alfa foxtrot said...

tight blog post, more like this please

Laura Holland said...

agree with annie. open up to us wiley. tell us your thoughts.

Followers

PETA2.com
Boycott Cruelty