My Blog List

Sunday, June 6, 2010

I need some help from anyone who knows about music equipment stuff. I don't know who reads this or who knows about this stuff, but maybe one of you does. Adam, Sterling, Peter? This is the deal: I've got a pickup for my acoustic guitar and it works fine. It will play through an amp and my recorder. But it does not register through my loop pedal. I'm assuming this is because it's a passive pickup. But before I start jumping to conclusions, I wanted to confirm this. If this is the case, what is the cheapest preamp I could buy?

1 comment:

Adam said...

it sounds like it might just be too quiet of a signal.

amps don't actually send power to a pickup, the way phantom power works.



But i have a feeling you could get a DI box that could boost the signal into something your pedal could manage. look into those.

Followers

PETA2.com
Boycott Cruelty