My Blog List

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

10 Things I really like right now:

1) The Pink Panther. It's actually just a Steve Martin movie and it is awesome. He very clearly played a critical role in the screenplay, something that I was not aware of going into it.


2) Levon Helm. His brand new album came out yesterday and it is nothing less than fantastic. His voice is as good as always and reminds you of what a critical role he played in The Band. It's mostly covers of great songs (including Tennessee Jed) with a tasteful blend of American roots music and New Orleans style horn and piano playing. And the one song he wrote on the album is just about as good as any Band song, which is a big deal. And we're going to see him with Iron & Wine.



3) Brian's post about that Jackson 5 song, Doctor my Eyes. That is great.

4) Brendan's Twitters. His tweets are sweet! And they come right to my phone.

5) Scott Rattler's Twitters. I hate to write twice about twitter, but they are really good too, and shouldn't be not included. I just got one as I'm writing this, and I now know that Scott and Rick Rattler are eating dinner together!


6) Double Negatives. See item 5.

7) This text that i got from Billy.


8) George Harrison. Awaiting On You All is so great and I haven't listened to it in a couple of years, which is awesome. I'll tell you why it's awesome: because it's almost like hearing it for the first time again, and that is a treat!



9) Pizza from Whole Foods. On Tuesday night Whole Foods has Buy One Get One Free Pizza. We got it last night and it is, without question, the best pizza in Annapolis. In fact, it's better than Deja Vu...Ben, I know you are thinking San Francisco has better pizza. But it doesn't, just deal with it.


10) The Lemonheads. Sterling and I just went to see them. They are as awesome as always, maybe even better. He played a GG Allin song that was essentially perfect.

5 comments:

ben said...

we have whole foods in san francisco too. It has pizza.

layin' up with linda used to be fun.

well done.

b rendan said...

Holy calypso nuts! Add THIS to the above list!

Candypants said...

ben is so mad right now

Rory29 said...

BLOG OF THE YEAR!

Bill said...

yo send that fucking photo! Asshole.

I am not kidding!

I want all of my friends genetialia as there phone photo's.

I sent that to Rory and you and neither one of you assholes sent me back a photo. So i am gonna put it out there if you are my friend send me a photo of your dick, tits, ass, or whatever your working with. I am not a creep I just think it would be funny if Everytime I answered my
phone in public I had a dick pop up. People think about it, what if my boss saw that?

By the way awesome post! Great JOB! Killer Post!

Followers

PETA2.com

Blog Archive

Boycott Cruelty