My Blog List

Wednesday, February 11, 2009


I just got Phosphorescent's new album, To Willie. And, as it sounds, it is a tribute to Willie Nelson. It is fucking amazing. It's so good. I'm not saying it's as good as Will Oldham's country tunes, but I might be. It's near perfect. Certainly if you like Willie Nelson, these have to be about the best covers ever done.



Also, I think I found a new song I'm going to use for Self Own. Here is an excerpt from a review: "Matthew Houck, aka Phosphorescent, isn't interested merely in demonstrating the depths of his scholarship and reverence for the forerunners of his craft with his all-covers tribute to the Red Headed Stranger, To Willie. He wants to wrestle intimately with the man's songs and what they're capable of communicating. In doing so, Houck proves himself an adept interpreter of Willie's piercing Christian grace, while indirectly revealing by the limitations of his scope-- the true remarkable human breadth of Nelson's artistry."

You want it?

No comments:

Followers

PETA2.com

Blog Archive

Boycott Cruelty